Hunting for 4 types of mining activities to supply a lifetime people needs hobigame data? Welcome..! This article has everything you may want to know, so read it till the end.
There are four different methods of mining –
- Underground Mining
- Surface mining
- Placer mining
- In-situ mining.
The type that should be used depends on the resource that is being extracted, deposits location and profitability.
Impacts on the environment and degree of safety also differ from method to method.
The explanation of all is given below –
|Name||4 Types Of Mining Activities To Supply A Lifetime People Needs Hobigame|
It is done when the resource is located below the earth’s surface.
- Best suited for deeper deposits.
- Requires additional safety measures.
- Needs more preparation in comparison to surface mining.
- Includes digging of earth and creation of tunnels and shafts.
- Low level of environmental effects on the surrounding area.
- Less exposed to weather conditions.
Underground mining is further divided into various types based on the type of shaft used, the extraction method, and the whole process.
The main types are –
- Longwall mining, room and pillar mining, blast mining and shortwall mining.
It is the procedure in which ores are taken out from the ground with the help of heavy machinery.
- Easy to set.
- No tunnels or shafts are needed.
- Affects environments.
- The cost of setting up is considerable.
There are two main types of surface mining – open pit mining and strip mining.
Open pit mining –
It is digging out the rock material to create an open pit from which the resources will be extracted.
These are generally used to dig out gold, silver and copper.
Strip Mining –
When the vegetation and rocks of the area are cleared before the dugout, it is known as strip mining.
It is best suited for extracting hard materials like coal.
It is the procedure of getting valuable resources from loose river sediments.
- Less environmental effects.
- Required less effort to extract.
- Generally done in riverbeds, sands, and other sedimentary materials.
Fact = around 50% of Titanium is extracted using the placer mining method.
It is also known as solution mining or in-situ leaching.
In this, chemicals are inserted into the ore’s body to dissolve it and aid it in coming to the surface.
The advantages of this method are –
- Doesn’t affect the surrounding area much.
- Decrease the amount of waste.
- Minimal noise and visual disturbance.
- Ability to recycle water.
So these are the 4 types of mining activities to supply a lifetime people needs hobigame. I hope you’ve understood each point clearly.