Have you recently received a settlement from TurboTax? Good news, claiming it is relatively simple. In this article, we’ll walk you through the claiming process so you can get the most out of your settlement.
What is the TurboTax Settlement?
The TurboTax settlement was a collective action lawsuit settled in April 2020 between the US District Court for the Northern District of California and the Intuit software, TurboTax. The lawsuit accused TurboTax of misleading customers that their tax software was free of charge, even when users needed to pay for certain features.
How Can You Claim Your TurboTax Settlement?
If you were a paid-customer of TurboTax software between Easy 2017 and April 26th 2020, you are entitled to a payment refund. In order to make a claim, follow these easy steps:
- Go to TurboTaxRefundClaim.com and fill out the information requested.
- You can also fill out Claim Form online by downloading it and then submit it either online or via mail.
- In case you prefer to mail in your claim form, send it to the address provided in the form.
- You must submit your claim before October 16, 2020 and provide proof of purchase.
- Submitting misleading or incomplete information may result in the ineligibility to receive payment.
Once your claim is reviewed and approved, you will be able to receive your TurboTax settlement check of up to $30. Thanks for reading about the steps you should take to receive your settlement from TurboTax. Now you know that filing a claim is the best way to maximize your money. We hope that with the information provided here, the process of claiming your money will be smooth and efficient. Here’s to more money in your pocket!