Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms that has made people crazy. It is quite simple to create an account on Instagram and post photos, videos, or reels on it. Today, Instagram is not just a normal social media network but has come out as an option where people can show their talent to the world. But the question is how to permanently or temporarily delete your Instagram account.
So, if you are too confused and unable to delete the Instagram account, check out the detailed information on the same. We have tried to cover everything that can help deactivate or delete the Instagram account.
How to delete the Instagram account in app?
Initially, it was only possible to delete the Account by going to the browser and signing with the credentials. But it made the task quite complicated and time-consuming. But as Apple to Instagram developers said, they came up with an option where Accounts can be deleted even from the app. It reduced the process of deleting the Account and so to delete the Account through the app, follow the below gives steps:
- Make sure you have the Instagram app installed on your device. So, launch the app to start the process.
- Tap on the profile icon, which will take you to the new screen. Next, click on the three lines in the screen’s top right corner.
- It gives a different option, so delete the Account and click on “settings“.
- Tap on Account -> Delete Account -> Confirm it by tapping on “Delete Account“.
- That’s it; your Instagram account is no longer available and has been deleted.
How to delete an Instagram account on an Android phone?
There is an option by Instagram which allow sot delete your Instagram account through the app. So, if you have an android smartphone and are willing to delete the Instagram account permanently or temporarily, follow the below-given steps:
- Start your Instagram app on your Android smartphone.
- Click on the profile picture, which is in the below right corner.
- Tap on the three-line menu and next on settings.
- Select “Help” and click on the Help Center. There are three lines icon on the top right corner of the screen; click it, which will give a list of options.
- Select “Manage your Account” and then “Delete your Account“.
- Here you can select whether you wish to deactivate or permanently delete your Account.
How to delete an Instagram account on iPhone?
If you own the iPhone, it is effortless to deactivate or delete the Account. Check out the below-given steps to fulfil your needs:
- Launch the app and click on the profile icon.
- Tap on three lines in the top corner: Settings, Account, and Delete Account.
- Confirm your selection by clicking “Delete Account” or “Deactivate Account“.
Read Also: Piso Wifi 10.0.0.1 Pause Time, Logout, Voucher Code & All Features!
How to download Instagram data before deleting the Account permanently?
If you have decided that you no longer want to have an Instagram account and delete it permanently, it is better to download data. So, to download data, check out the given process:
- Launch your Instagram app from your device and click on the profile option.
- Tap on the three lines icon -> Your Activity – > Download your information.
- It will ask you to enter the email address where you wish to get all downloaded data. So, enter your email address and click on “Request Download“.
- A new pop-up window appears, asking to enter a password for further verification. Lastly, click on the “Next” option.
- All the data shared with Instagram will be mailed to the entered email address within 14 days. So, even if you delete the Account, you still have your data saved.
How to delete an Instagram account permanently?
If you have decided to permanently remove your Instagram account, it is better to download all your data for future use. The process varies if you are using a browser, an Android or an iPhone. But in any situation, clicking on “Delete Account” will permanently clear your account and delete all your Instagram information. So, please think twice before confirming it.
How to delete an Instagram account temporarily?
People who think enough of Instagram and are willing to get rid of it for some time have the option to delete the Account temporarily. If you are one of them who wish to remove the Account temporarily, check out the given steps:
- Start the app -> Click on the Profile option.
- Follow the steps mentioned above depending on the type of phone. If it is an iPhone. Click on three lines -> Settings -> Account -> delete account. But make sure to click on Deactivate Account as it will delete the Account temporarily.
- If you are using android device, go to profile -> click on settings -> help -> Help Centre -> three lines icon -> Manage account -> delete Account. Click on “Temporarily deactivate your Instagram account” to get rid of it for some time.
- For deleting from desktop or computer, open any browser -> Login to Instagram with credential -> Profile page -> Edit profile ->Go down to find “Temporarily Disable account” and click on it. Enter your password and confirm your selection.
How many reports to delete an Instagram account?
Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms that have gained immense followers, and people consider it the best source of entertainment. Everyone is free to upload videos and photos to share with fans and friends.
But it is not easy as some rules are a must to follow. If anyone reports your Account, it is considered a negative impression. Many times, violation of rules can lead to deleting of an Account.
There is no particular rule on how many reports can delete the account ads, type of violation, frequency, and many other such things are considered. So, if you wish to maintain your account, it is advisable to upload a post of a reel following the rules or else the account will be deleted.
Why do people delete or deactivate their Instagram accounts?
Instagram is like an addiction, and people lose their focus while using Instagram, which is one of the reasons why people deactivate or delete their Accounts. It distracts people from their work, and even many times, users tend to forget their work because of reels and other videos. So, people who are willing to get focused and concentrate on their job opt for deactivating, or even many people delete the Account permanently.
Is there an option to get the Account back?
Instagram offers 30 days period where the Account, once deleted, can be retrieved back. So, even if you have opted to delete the Account, but within 30 days, you change your mind, there is again an option to login back and get the working Account.
What if your Instagram account is deleted?
One has to be sure enough before permanently deleting the Instagram account, as there is no way to retrieve it once the 30 days are over. It will even remove followers, photos, videos and everything after deletion.
How to delete an Instagram account without a password?
It is impossible to delete an Instagram account without a password, so if you don’t remember it, check out to reset your password. It is pretty easy to reset the password, which will help retrieve the Account. Once the Account gets recovered, you can delete the Account.
Is deactivating an Account and deleting the same?
No, both are different. It is better to deactivate the Account instead of deleting it. There is an option where deactivating still has the opportunity to enable it back. But once the Account is deleted, there is no option to get it back. So, it is better to deactivate it instead of deleting permanently.
How to delete a second Instagram account?
If you are the own who has two Instagram accounts and willing to delete one of the accounts, select the Account which you wish to remove. Follow the deletion process to remove the Account and get rid of it.
What happens if you delete your Account temporarily?
If the Instagram account is deactivated, all your posts and pictures will be hidden, and no one will be able to see the post from your Account. So, it feels like the Account has been deleted, but there is still the option to get it back in the future.
It is all about deleting the Instagram account from android, iPhone, or even a browser. If you wish to get rid of Instagram for some time, deactivating an Account is a wise option compared to deleting the Account.
There is no option to get the Account back once it is deleted but if you have deactivated there is still the chance to activate it in future. So, before confirming our decision, it is advisable to think twice to avoid any repentance.