Are you stuck on a solving-the-second-of-two-crossword-clues/” title=”Solving the Second of Two Crossword Clues”>crossword puzzle involving survey clues? Don’t worry! Solving survey crossword clues can be tricky, but with a few tips and tricks you’ll be knocking out the answers in no time. Read on for a brief guide on how to solve brief survey crossword clues and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with a successful attempt.
What Is a Brief Survey Crossword Clue?
A brief survey crossword clue is a clue that is used in a crossword puzzle and usually denotes a survey that should be completed when solving the puzzle. The “survey” is a series of words or phrases that are asked of the puzzle solver, and hinge upon both the knowledge of the solver and the understanding of the topic associated with the crossword grid in question. When completed correctly, some brief survey crosswords can offer the solver a bonus clue that can aid them in understanding the remainder of the grid.
How Does One Solve a Brief Survey Crossword Clue?
To solve a brief survey crossword clue, one needs to look at the clue and the grid to gain a better understanding of the topic the crossword refers to. From there, the answers to the clues that relate to the “survey” can be figured out. Once all of the clues that relate to the survey have been answered, the bonus clue can usually be found in the remaining squares of the grid. Knowing both the bonus clue and the answers to the survey questions can offer a better understanding of the grid. Here are some tips to help you wrap your brain around the puzzle:
- Read the clue correctly and look for any words or phrases that may direct your next solving move.
- Analyze the topic of the crossword puzzle to understand what “survey” the crossword suggests.
- Focus on the survey clues first, so that you can understand the bonus clue quickly.
- Once you understand the bonus clue, look for patterns in the grid.
- Extra help is always available–reference other crosswords and similar puzzles to see how different grids and themes can be solved.
We hope these tips have been helpful in solving crossword clues when taking brief surveys. Just remember to read them closely and to ask yourself some questions before starting. That way you’ll be able to breeze through them with ease!